Friday, May 3, 2013

Shenanigans

Remember the Great Toilet Paper Snake?

Well, you will not believe what Maxwell cornered in the kitchen yesterday.  For real this time.

I wasn't allowed to take a picture until I'd safely moved it outside.  So here it is on the front walk.


I'm almost certain this is a Rough Earth snake, a common, non-venomous snake found abundantly here in Texas that eats bugs, worms, and lizards.  He was 6 inches long, tops.

I think I'm going to write a story about Maxwell picking the winning lottery numbers next, and see if I can get that to come true too!

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, Ken and I handle all manner of things with dignity and poise. Snakes are the only thing that really turn both of us into screaming children. Duncan and I have run into one or two on our walks but I have no idea what I'd do if one got into the house. Probably just cry and move.

    Way to go Maxwell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In theory snakes really don't bother me. I appreciate their place in the biocosm and I actually think they're kind of pretty/neat to look at.

    I would be lying if said I didn't dance back a few feet every time it slithered off the piece of paper I was using to transport it outside, ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you're thinking. Dog hair and puppy drool are perfectly acceptable. I only request that if you post as "Anonymous" please sign your name, thanks!